Registration closing soonMay 13, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST
Region: North America
Format: 5v5 (5 members)
Map Rotation: After each game
Hero Selection: Limit 1
Bracket: Single Elimination
Matches: Bo3; Bo5 for Grand Finals
Supporting great charitable organizations
Terms & Conditions
- Player Eligibility: All players participating in Overwatch competitions must have an active (Americas) account in good standing displayed on their Battlefy profile. Only registered team members playing under their own account are allowed to play for a team.
- Team Roster Size: A team has to consist of 6-12 participants. Rules for qualifications for rostered members can be found in AHGL general rules.
- Registration: The captain for each Overwatch team will pay the registration fee on Eventbrite to register your team for the tournament.
- Game Version: All players must have their game up to date with the latest patch. PC only.
- Weekly Structure:
- Monday: Matchups for the following weekend are distributed (assuming all previous round match results have been entered).
- Saturday: All matches are played on Saturday starting at 12pm Pacific (3pm Eastern). Ladder play remains open until 4pm Pacific (7pm Eastern). Match results must be reported no later than midnight Pacific.
- Season Format: Exact season format will be announced before the season begins when we know the exact number of teams. This section will be updated along with an announcement email for all captains. There will be two at minimum two stages: Non-elimination Regular Season (~5-8 weeks) and Elimination Playoffs. There will also be a Ladder where the highest placing team(s) will qualify for wildcard spot(s) in Playoffs.
- Map Pick/Veto: Unless otherwise specified, the map pick/veto rules are as follows:
- During the regular season, the team on the left side of the matchup page is the Home team. The team on the right side is Away. During playoffs, the team with the higher seed (#1 is higher than #2) is the Home team. The Home team will invite the opponent to the ingame lobby before the draft begins, making that team member the leader.
- http://owdraft.com will be used for map drafting.
- The Home team will be (Team1) chosen to start the pick & ban phase. In cases of seed tie, the random function of these sites will be used.
- At the end of the round, the losing team of the previous round must start a new http://owdraft.com session and provide the link to the opposing team. The winning team of the prior round starts the pick and ban phase.
- Repeat (d.) if play continues to a third round.
- Game preparations: It is the responsibility of the team Captains to verify game settings prior to match start. Agreements between the teams/players must be made in writing and saved as a screenshot. The match must be played with the following settings on the Americas server:
- Rule Set: Competitive
- Series Length:
- Pre-Season & Season: Best of Three;
- Quarterfinals & Semifinals: Best of Five
- Finals: Best of Five
- Map options
- Map rotation: After a game
- Map order: Single map
- Return to lobby: After a game
- Disable all maps except for the map that is to be played.
- Hero Options
- Selection limit: 1 per team
- All heroes are currently allowed
- Role selection limit: None
- Allow Hero Switching: On
- Respawn as random hero: Off
- Gameplay Options
- Control game mode format: Best of 3
- Health modifier: 100%
- Damage modifier: 100%
- Healing modifier: 100%
- Ultimate charge rate modifier: 100%
- Respawn time modifier: 100%
- Ability cooldown modifier: 100%
- Disable skins: Off
- Disable health bars: Off
- Disable kill cam: On
- Disable kill feed: Off
- Headshots only: Off
- Team Options
- Team balancing: Off
- When balancing occurs: After a mirror match
- Ties: In case of a tie on Assault, Hybrid or Escort a preset Best of One Control map is to be played. The team that captures the first objective fully, on the first point of the control map will win the tied map.
- Substitute Players: One substitute from your team roster is allowed to play for your team during a match. Substitutes can only join after the current game of the tournament has ended, during a pause time.
- Scheduling/Forfeits: The first game of each round must begin at the specified time. See General Rules in the handbook for rescheduling rules and email:firstname.lastname@example.org if a reschedule is agreed upon.
- Disconnects: In the case that a player(s) disconnects, the team is allowed to continue to play the match at a disadvantage.
- Re-host: A re-host can only be played with prior admin approval. Please contact an admin via Discord to receive approval. In a re-hosted game each participant must choose the same side as they picked at the start of the the original match. Disconnects and lag issues will only qualify for a re-host if the issue occurs the within the first 60 seconds of the game. In the event of a game server crash, AHGL administrators will determine next steps.
III. Stoppage of Play
- The Leader will have the ability to pause the game and must do so when the request to pause is seen in chat (Default command: shift + ctrl + =).
- Team that requested a pause must announce the reason before or immediately after pause.
- Each team is granted a total of 10 minutes pause time during the match.
- When resuming the game from pause, both teams need to confirm in chat that they are ready to continue.
- If total pause time of 10 minutes runs out, the game has to be resumed. If one team refuses to resume the game, the opposing team will receive a default win.
- Admins hold the right to request teams to pause during the match in case of any other issues, and the time used to pause the match will not count for the team it was requested to.