Registration closing soonApril 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST
Region: North America
Format: 5v5 (5 members)
Map: Summoners Rift
Draft Mode: Tournament Mode
Bracket: Single Elimination
Matches: Bo3; Bo5 for Grand Finals
Supporting great charitable organizations
Terms & Conditions
- Player Eligibility: All players participating in League of Legends (LoL) competitions must have an active LoL (North America) account in good standing displayed on their Battlefy profile. Only registered team members playing under their own account are allowed to play for a team.
- Team Roster Size: A team must consist of 5 participants. Rules for qualifications for rostered members can be found in the ggTO Handbook.
- Registration: The captain for each LoL team will pay the registration fee on Eventbrite to register your team for the tournament.
- Game Version: All players must have their game up to date with the latest patch.
- Weekly Structure:
- Monday: Matchups for the following weekend are distributed (assuming all previous round match results have been entered).
- Saturday and Sunday: All matches are played on Saturday starting at 3pm EST. Ladder play remains open until Sunday at 9:00pm Eastern. Match results must be reported no later than Sunday at midnight EST.
- Season Format: Exact season format will be announced before the season begins when we know the exact number of teams. This section will be updated along with an announcement email for all captains.
- Battlefy and Tournament Codes: This tournament will employ the use of Battlefy.com and the League of Legends Tournament Code feature.
- To receive your Tournament code for a match: navigate to the bracket and click on your team’s match. Copy the code.
- To use your team’s Tournament code for a match: Launch the League of Legends game client by clicking play, then selecting custom game, then selecting the trophy icon. Paste the code from the Battlefy page.
- Competition Method: 5 vs 5 Summoner’s Rift, Tournament Draft via Custom Game on the NA Server
- Game Winner: The result will be as shown on the post-game summary screen.
- Series Length: Matches will be best-of-one (1) during the regular season. Matches will be a best-of-three (3) for playoffs and elimination rounds with teams alternating sides after each game.
- Restrictions: There are currently no item or hero restrictions.
- Home/Away team: During the regular season, home and away teams will be assigned weekly through the Battlefy interface. The team on the left side of the page is the Home team and corresponds to Blue Side. The team on the right side of the page is the Away team and corresponds to Red Side. During playoffs, sides will switch after each game.
- Bans/Picks: Snake draft format enforced by the Tournament Draft mode. All selections must be made through the in-game client. Draft mode proceeds in a snake draft format as follows: Blue Team= A; Red Team = B
- Bans: ABABAB Picks: ABBAAB Bans: BABA Picks: BAAB
- Substitute picks: Substitute picks are not permitted.
- Substitute players: Players are allowed to switch following the completion of a game. In other words, in a best-of-three series, Player 1 could play in game one, get switched for Player 2 for game two, and then come back to play game 3.
- Spectator slots: All games should be configured to allow spectators to allow ggTO administrators and casters to participate in the game and address possible issues
- Scheduling/Forfeits: The first game of each round must begin at the specified time. See the Handbook for rescheduling rules and message an administrator on Discord if a reschedule is agreed upon.
A. Stoppage of Play
- Stoppage of Play Procedure: A player experiencing technical issues on either team may call for a restart of the game prior to Game of Record (see below) being established
- The player requesting the restart must be experiencing one of the following: a hardware malfunction (e.g. any equipment malfunction), physical disruption (e.g. breaking furniture), or game configuration problems (e.g. issues with runes, masteries, and/or summoner spells).
- They must then declare in all-chat for a restart. The game should be paused and an ggTO administrator should be contacted immediately.
- In the event of a game server crash, ggTO administrators will determine next steps.
B. Game of Record
- A game of record (“GOR”) refers to a game where all ten players have loaded and which has progressed to a point of meaningful interaction between opposing teams. Prior to this point, if a serious issue has occurred, players should pause the game and contact ggTO administrators to assess the situation. Once a game attains GOR status, the game will be considered as “official” from that point onward. After the establishment of GOR, game restarts will be allowed only with ggTO admin approval.
- Examples of conditions which establish GOR:
- Any attack or ability is landed on minions, jungle creeps, structures, or enemy Champions.
- Line-of-sight is established between players on opposing teams.
- Setting foot, establishing vision or targeting skillshot ability in opponent’s jungle by either team, which includes either leaving the river or entering brush connected to enemy jungle.
- Game timer reaches two minutes (00:02:00)